Who are we?
Electra Commercial Vehicles gather and use personal data relating to you. This data comes to us from different sources including customers, suppliers, business contacts, employees and other people the organisation has a relationship with or need to contact. Data may also be collected through business contact in quoting for, or completing a marketing project, if a data subject subscribes to our email newsletter or we have met and exchanged business contact details for mutually agreed marketing purposes.
This policy describes how this personal data is collected, handled and stored to ensure that our company is compliant with the General Data Protection Regulation 2018 (GDPR) and the Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations 2003 (PECR). The contact details for our Data Protection Officer are noted below.
Policy Change / Update – nothing lasts forever!
We might change this policy from time to time to keep up with changes to the law for example. We will notify you as and when this happens. It could be in the form of a letter, an email, a website notice, or notification when you log onto your account. If you don’t agree with these updates, as and when they happen, please notify us clearly stating the reason(s) why at this address firstname.lastname@example.org.
Can you see, change or delete your personal data?
Yes, you can see what data we hold by submitting a subject access request to us. The email address is sharon.chirnside@ electratrucks.com. You can also ask for your data to be changed or deleted again by following the subject access request process above.
What data do we collect from you?
Not a lot. Firstly, we will always be as transparent as possible with you. All personal data that we collect and use is the minimum amount that we require in order to satisfy the task at hand. It could be payroll data – to ensure employees get paid, customer data – in order to fulfil contractual obligations, a customer feedback questionnaire or a testimonial that you have submitted.
Any other information?
We might collect data from a third party, but only if you have given those parties permission to share it with others – or it comes from a publicly accessible source e.g. social media such as Linkedin or Facebook.
IP addresses, account login details and times, email addresses and contact telephone numbers. Telephone calls to and from our head office in Skelmersdale are voice recorded for quality, training and monitoring purposes.
Closed Circuit Television (CCTV) cameras are routinely used at our head office and workshop facilities, for security and health and safety purposes to ensure the wellbeing of our employees, contractors and visitors. The images collected and recorded are stored for up to 30 days and then overwritten.
We have the following obligations under GDPR & PECR (Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulation 2003) – Only using the data to fulfil our contracted services and following your written instructions. If we’re legally obliged
to process your data in any other way we will let you know (so long as the law allows us to).
– Keeping the data we have secret. That applies even after the contract you have with us ends.
– Applying technical and organisational measures to ensure that the level of security at least matches the risk. This includes:
– Ensuring the confidentiality, integrity and resilience of our systems,
– Verifying and evaluating the effectiveness of what we are doing,
– Where we can be anonymising and encrypting data,
Electra Commercial Vehicles Ltd – Unit D, Johnson Way, Shadsworth Business Park, Blackburn, BB1 2QJ www.electracommercialvehicles.com – email@example.com – +44 01254 784093 UK Company Registered Number – 11059491
– Under PECR we might contact you in your professional capacity by HTML email, by post with marketing / design news, offers and updates. We have identified as the most unobtrusive way to contact you. We will never contact you with marketing communications more than once a calendar month and only if:
• We have a pre – existing professional, or personal relationship with you,
• We have a financial or contractual agreement with you,
• That we believe the information is of genuine and legitimate interest to you, • We believe that the information is useful, or relevant to your job role.
– If you do not find our marketing communications of use or interest, you can easily choose to unsubscribe from
our HTML emails at any time. We will never contact you again using this method (or in any form of marketing communication) and will delete you from our active email marketing lists. The unsubscribe link can be found in the header, footer and body areas of our marketing emails.
– If you wish to delete your records form our marketing list, send an email request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
– Rest assured, we undertake regular process audits,
– Any changes to our Privacy Notice in the future will be posted on this page and where appropriate or necessary notify you by email. Please check back frequently to see any changes or updates to our Privacy Notice.
We take particular care around the risks associated with processing personal data. We look at the potential consequences of destruction, loss or unlawful or accidental changing of personal data and unauthorised access to personal data.
If we ever suffer a security breach which results in your data being lost, we will notify you as soon as possible with details of what personal data has been lost or stolen.
Finally, we are obliged to co-operate with the supervisory body in the U.K., which is the Information Commissioners Office (ICO) and comply with the General Data Protection Regulation 2018, the Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulation 2003, the Telecommunications Regulation 2000 and the government appointed Surveillance Camera Commissioner.
If you wish to contact the ICO to raise a complaint about anything you have read above or for further information here is the web address – www.ico.gov.uk
However, if you do have a complaint, please write to us first at the email address or our business address below and we will make every effort to resolve your complaint.
Should you wish to contact us regarding how we process your personal data and what data we have, please do so by email: email@example.com.
Alternatively, please write to:
Data Protection Officer, Electra Commercial Vehicles Ltd, Unit D, Johnson Way, Shadsworth Business Park, Blackburn, BB1 2QJ.
This was last updated on 23/03/2023.